Experience the festive holiday spirit and winter allure of Vermont. Nestled in a picturesque New England town, Swift House Inn is just moments from the lively downtown of Middlebury. Indulge in a snug retreat and discover a myriad of storefronts showcasing locally crafted gems, charming coffee shops, delightful boutiques, and inspiring galleries. Create lasting memories with the family amid Vermont’s snowy landscape and explore the many outdoor adventures the whole family can enjoy.
Get in the Christmas Spirit:
Get ready for a jolly start to the holiday season! In the weeks before Christmas and New Year’s Eve, Middlebury comes alive with festive spirit and a variety of events for everyone to enjoy. Sleigh rides, photos with Santa, and the Middlebury Midd Night Stroll are just some of our favorites.
- A Very Merry Middlebury: On Saturday, December 2nd, get your photos taken with Santa and Mrs. Claus from 10:00 am – 12:00 pm at Town Hall Theater. Enjoy free horse and wagon rides around town (board in front of Middlebury Community Music Center), and don’t miss out on the Hot Cocoa Hut in Cannon Park from 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Middlebury Midd Night Stroll: Save the date, as you won’t want to miss this festive celebration. Head down to Main Street on December 7th and 14th, 2023, from 5:00 to 8:00 pm for an evening filled with specials, promotions, delicious food trucks, and exciting pop-ups scattered throughout the downtown area.
- Midd Winter’s Night Bar: Participate in the BMP’s chocolate bar raffle for a chance to win a sweet prize package with items from your favorite local shops. To enter, simply purchase a chocolate bar (this year’s bar is S’mores flavored) available at local stores in Middlebury. Ticket numbers are on the chocolate bar wrapper located on a hot pink sticker. Good Luck!
- Brighten Your Holidays: Hop in the car, crank up the holiday tunes, and embark on a festive adventure around town. From twinkling icicles to colorful reindeer, the neighborhood comes alive with festive cheer as houses and streets transform into sparkling wonderlands.
Holiday Shopping in Middlebury, VT:
On the hunt for the perfect holiday gift? Middlebury’s main street is sprinkled with an array of shops perfect for your holiday shopping spree. From apparel to accessories, sweet treats, and more, here are a couple of our favorites:
- Danforth Pewter – Shop finely crafted heirlooms from ornaments and jewelry to kitchenware and home goods, all handmade by local artisans in Middlebury, Vermont.
- Vermont Book Shop – An independent bookstore boasts a diverse collection of books spanning various genres. Beyond books, they also offer an assortment of stationery, gifts, and local artisanal products, making it a delightful stop for book aficionados and those seeking unique Vermont treasures.
- Addison West – A boutique filled with goods for the home and your life. Shop seasonal items or timeless pieces.
- Elli Parr – An independent women’s lifestyle boutique & a modern jewelry brand focusing on quality, hand-crafted pieces that are stylish yet sophisticated.
- Middleton – A clothing and lifestyle boutique for the smart and stylish woman.
- Vermont’s Own Gift & Goods – An emporium filled with the best products from the Green Mountain state. Celebrating local artists, makers, innovators, and maple syrup-extraordinaires.
Winter in Vermont is filled with exciting and interesting things to do. Whether you’re into active outdoor activities like cross-country skiing or enchanted by the allure of Ice Castles, there is an array of exciting options to explore and enjoy just minutes from Swift House Inn. Check out our favorite winter activities to do around Middlebury.
Book the Perfect Vermont Holiday Getaway
After a day of town exploration and snowy adventures, unwind fireside at Swift House Inn. Indulge in exquisite dining at our restaurant, Jessica’s, sip on delightful cocktails, and bask in genuine New England hospitality. Reserve Your Room at Swift House Inn today, and take advantage of the holidays in Vermont!